At Battlefield Hobbies we’re gamers, just like you. We want our site to be the site we would like to use if it was not our site in the first place. We’re committed to safeguarding the privacy of your data.
The following policy outlines how we treat the information you provide and the security measures which are in place to protect it.
What information does our site collect?
The site collects, stores and uses the following kinds of data:
• Technical information about your computer and your use of this website including the IP address, browser, length of your visit and number of pages viewed.
• Information regarding transactions with us through this website, including which products are purchased, the price of these products and method of delivery.
• Please note that we do not store Credit Card/Debit Card information.
• We also collect the information that you provide us when you register your account, including Title, Name, Email Address, Postal Address and Telephone Number(s).
• Should you subscribe to any of our news feeds or other services we will also register that information.
• Finally, any other information that you send to us may be stored along with the other information we hold.
What is a cookie? Basically, it’s a piece of tracking software which allows you to use all the features of an online retail website, like adding products to your shopping basket. Meanwhile, the online retailer is able to identify and track your activity, but only on their website. Not anywhere else.
We make use of both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We use the session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate the website. Meanwhile, the persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you when you visit. So if you left something in your shopping basket last time you visited, it should still be there waiting for you when you return.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers and payment services providers may also send you cookies to track your online activity. But once again, this will only track your activity on their websites and our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, this will often have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will only ever publish and use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Simiarly, we will not, without your express consent, share your personal information with any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data to:
• Successfully manage our website.
• Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
• Allow you to keep products in your shopping basket, for purchase at the end of your sessions or when you return to the website later.
• Take payments from you and deliver the products you’ve purchased, as well as send you an email notification when they have been despatched.
• Send you general communications. Answering a help desk ticket for example.
• Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested, like when a particular product comes back into stock or is available to order once more.
• Send you our weekly newsletters, keeping you up to date with the latest ranges and exclusive promotions.
• Resolve any problems which may arise relating to our website or your order with us.
In addition to the disclosures outlined above, which allow us to give you a great online shopping experience, we may also disclose the following information about you:
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
• To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
• To prevent fraud and reduce credit risk to any of our agents, suppliers or subcontractors.
• Any futher personal information, which you expressly agree we are able to share. Your name as a winner of one of our many competitions for example.
Security Of Your Personal Data
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. And all electronic transactions you make to or receive from us are encrypted using SSL technology.
This means that we do not store any Credit Card or Debit Card information on our servers or our physical premises whatsoever.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. So you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. And we will never ask you for your password. This kind of sensitive information is encrypted and made inaccessible to us.
You may also instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. You will either be able to agree in advance to receive our weekly newsletters, or other form of contact in advance. And you will always be able to opt-out as well, either by clicking the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of each newsletter, or by logging in to your account and changing your settings.
Third Party Websites
Sometimes we will share links to other websites, either on our social media or from our online store for example. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Bear in mind that you can usually do this by logging in to your account and updating your personal information.